As a small Franciscan institution, we are open and welcoming to students and families of all faiths. Our activities and curriculum are built around inclusion and values, and our students interact with each other - from pre-school to 12th grade in the ways that reflect the mission of the school. We combine acacemic rigor in an excellent educational program with an inclusive and values-based student environment.
Think Differently about Southern Tier Catholic School
- Consistently ranked as one of the top elementary schools in western New York (public and private), which includes the Buffalo area (as ranked by Buffalo Business First).
- Ranked the top middle school in Cattaraugus and Allegany counties.
- Southern Tier Catholic School exceeds New York state curriculum requirements while emphasizing values, discipline, and respect for self and others.
- High quality teachers who meet or exceed requirements for state certification and who are dedicated to making a difference in your child's life.
- Classrooms of the Future - preparing students for future educational opportunities and broadening their perspective of the world.
- A Catholic education that serves every student exceptionally well, regardless of religious background.
- A student-teacher ratio of 13:1 for grades K-8.
- Montessori program for ages 3-5 that focuses on helping a child develop his or her "whole self."
- Curriculum-enhanced programs at STCS include the area's only language program for young students. Spanish is taught from kindergarten through 8th grade.
Think Differently about Archbishop Walsh Academy
- The region's only private Catholic high school that is also a designated International Baccalaureate (IB) World School authorized to offer the Diploma Programme. Walsh is one of only 3% of the high schools in the United States certified to offer this program.
- The IB Diploma Programme is an internationally acclaimed and structurally rigorous academic program for juniors and seniors who are highly motivated students to seek the challenge of a well-rounded, liberal arts, international curriculum.
- IB and its world-class academic standards are accepted throughout the world at selective universities, making it a passport to higher education at the best colleges.
- Classrooms of the Future - global learning labs dedicated to integrating technology into all aspects of the learning process, developing cooperative and investigative learning styles, and accessing limitless research information.
- Archbishop Walsh Academy is supported by some of the community's most recognized leaders, who value a high quality, private Catholic education.
- A full schedule of sports and students activities are offered for both boys and girls.
- Partnerships with several local businesses allow for professional internship opportunities.
- Students have earned an average of $262,000 per year in college scholarships over the past five years.
- Small classes taught by dedicated faculty within a supportive school community that values every student and instills confidence and respect for family, self and others.